Monday, August 23, 2010

Its Getting To Be That Time Again...

Today was the very first day to register for Heartstrings Walk to Remember. Everyone who follows my blog, knows our story, but may not know that we are involved in Heartstrings Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group. This wonderful organization offers group support, one-on-one support for those with similar losses through its Connections program, and online support. They also offer subsequent pregnancy support. All of their programs are available free to anyone who has lost a baby from conception to one year of age. In addition, they also provide education and communication to caregivers and professionals to help them better understand how pregnancy and infant loss affects families. When we lost Ava, Heartstrings provided validation for our loss and came alongside us in our grief. On October 9, 2010, we will have the opportunity to walk in Heartstrings Sixth Annual A Walk to Remember to honor our daughter that grew her wings too soon. We are asking you to support us as we walk for Ava and help to provide funding for Heartstrings to reach out to other families in their time of need. In doing so, you will pass along the hope and love that we received at such a desperate time in our lives. Please send your donations to us at 965 Peachtree Meadows Circle, Kernersville, NC (Or you can give to me directly) and we will present them to Heartstrings in honor of Ava on the day of the Walk. You can make checks payable to Heartstrings Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support with Ava Morgan Finney on the memo line. I welcome each and every one of you to come walk with us and see the difference that this program has made in so many family's lives. It is truly amazing. If you would like additional information on the walk, or would like to register to walk with us, please go to www.heartstringssupport.org. Please spread the word. We were able to donate over 600.00 in Ava's name last year...I know that can be topped this year.

With that being said, I'm not sure I ever shared Ava's obituary with you guys. I have it laminated on book mark so I read it often.

Infant Ava Morgan Finney was born sleeping in the arms of her Lord on July 16, 2008. "Our loss on earth is Heaven’s gain of our sweet little angel." She is survived by her loving parents, Jennifer and John Finney. Ava is also survived by her sister, Ally Finney; Maternal Grandmother, Shelia Baugus; Paternal Grandparents, Laura Clark and Bobby Long and David and Fonda Finney; great-grandparents, Shirley and Vaughn Brown; an aunt, Michelle Finney and an uncle Chris Cardwell and many others who will always love her. A graveside funeral service will be held at 11:30AM, Monday, July 21, 2008 at Samaritan Baptist Church. The family will receive friends from 6:00pm until 8:00pm on Sunday, July 20th at Hayworth-Miller Silas Creek Chapel. The family would like to express their sincere appreciation to Dr. Brad Jacobs and the Labor and Delivery staff at Forsyth Medical Center. “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. -Luke 18:16. Online condolences may be made at www.hayworth-miller.com.

I miss my baby girl more and more every day. Anybody who says it will get easier...well they lied. There is not a single day that goes by that I don't think about her and wonder what she would look like or what she would be doing right now. Everything that Adalyn does, and as she grows, I think of Ava. I still think back about things that I could have done to prevent her death. It is said that I couldn't have done anything to prevent it, but who knows? I didn't get an explanation for her death. Did God take my child to test my faith? Will I ever know for sure? No. Why didn't my child get to live the life she deserved? Why did God take her and not me? It has been 2 years and I still have alot of anger built up about the situation as a whole. I still question God even though I know that he knows best. I know that eventually these feelings will pass, but the pain will not. I pray every day that no parent ever has to deal with losing a child.

I want to thank all of my friends and family for helping me get through the past 2 years. Your patience and understanding has meant more to me that you will ever know. I love each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment